The Pioneer Building History
In 1905, two brothers named Trippensee started a corporation to make orreries, mechanical models of the Earth, Moon, and Sun. In 1908, they erected their own building and shifted manufacturing to enclosed bodies for Buick and Ford. Sometime in the early 1920s, they sold the building to Barney Everitt and it became home for Rickenbacker Motorcar Co. Through 1960, the building served various tenants who made everything from ice scrapers to hacksaws.
The Pioneer Building is located at 2679 East Grand Boulevard in Detroit, one mile east of Woodward Avenue and just east of Russell Street
Back to Main Page